1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 4

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 16, 2019.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If you had told me Pitt would play UVA, UCF, Ohio and PSU and go 2-2 with its two best defensive players out for the season and another new OC I would have taken it. Good job by this team fighting back when they got down 10.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

True enough, but the Southeast caught a cool front Wednesday night and it has been more cool and pleasant yesterday and today than at any point in September.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Late whistle there.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Having watched many non-SEC teams play against SEC officials, this excuse does not hold much water.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

San Jose State ahead at Arkanpig at halftime. I kid you not.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

And it's not even close!
    Also, I think so little about Arkansas football I totally had to look up who their coach was these days. Though I probably shoulda remembered....

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You realize that comment was more about how laughably bad Pac-12 officiating is in general than making an excuse, right? Or are you saying Ole Miss's excuse was terrible?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Things we learned this week: Whatever @Alma is taking on a given game, GO THE OTHER WAY.

:D

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I've said for years it's long time to move away from conference officials and go to a national pool. We don't have AFC West or NFC South officials. And it's pretty much a national setup anyway other than there are coordinators for each conference who can pick and choose who they want to put on the field and groom. The Pac-12 narrative has been around for years and years, unfortunately.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Oklahoma State is settling for more threes tonight than I did in college.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Well done

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Oh neat.
    I get to watch a football game on mute.

Draft saved Draft deleted