1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Now the Democrats are beginning to express self-doubts over whether the latest crime is legitimate - how utterly predictable.

3. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

How so? I am not around a TV and don't have time to check. Thanks.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

BadgerBeer, that was the reporting on MSNBC half an hour ago.
    That some think maybe this is being overplayed and not a wise course to pursue.
    If Nancy Pelosi thinks that then it is completely in line with how she's proceeded for nine months.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for this.

I really love Brent Staples. He does opinions, but I usually learn things factually that I just didn't know. And whether or not I agree with his opinion, I can count on him to write something well-reasoned and elegantly written.

I thought he put that together incredibly well, and it's obvious that he wanted to put a bit more into that one. It should make anyone who wonders what the big deal is think twice, although I know some people who most need to be reading that aren't going to be.

One thing it made me think of, whenever I am in France, there is a brand of a chocolate drink called Banania that gets sold with various forms of this label.

[​IMG]

Every time I am there, we head to the supermarket and I check to see if anything has changed yet, and I am amazed that it still exists. Even the "y'a bon" is supposed to be the grinning simpleton stereotype that opinion piece pointed out.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I once wore whiteface to a Halloween party. I went as a mime. No problem until I was rear-ended while driving to the party - I imagine the guy who hit me was totally freaked out when I got out. No - I didn't mime out my reaction.

[​IMG]

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Like I said yesterday, happier in the minority. These are elected officials without the guts to put their name to their stand on an important public issue. My guess is that's because they know their fundraising would drop to zero if Democratic donors knew who they were.

8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Thanks.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

"Australia has their own rules for football. A lot of people don't know that. If it weren't for my bone spurs, I'd be in kicking behinds."

10. 3_Octave_Fart

Michael-
    I will vote for them but I just can't shake my tits for this chickenshit crap.
    Goes against what I believe in and how I was raised.
    These people either aren't made for the moment and lack certain essentials or they don't want to act.
    All of this reminds me of the famous 1964 Kitty Genovese case in behavioral psychology.
    Woman is brutalized and murdered in full view of many witnesses and no one has the stones to respond.

Bystander effect - Wikipedia

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Remarks by POTUS in presence of Australia PM:

"You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful countries like yours. It's like a magnet. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em down under."

Fred siegle likes this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Forgot one.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.