1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Presidential straw poll - September 2019

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Sep 18, 2019.

?

Who would you vote for president?

1. Joe Biden

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  2. Cory Booker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Pete Buttigieg

13 vote(s)
    27.7%
  4. Kamala Harris

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  5. Beto O'Rourke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Bernie Sanders

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  7. Donald Trump

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  8. Elizabeth Warren

17 vote(s)
    36.2%
  9. Andrew Yang

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other/Third Party

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Same as last time. Who and, if you want, why.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Gregg Popovich.

swingline and Inky_Wretch like this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Warren. I like her policies, and unlike Bernie, her supporters don't make me want to jump off a building.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

ABT

Driftwood likes this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Pete Buttigieg. He’s the right age — not in his 70s — and he has enough pragmatism and progressivism to appeal to a broad swath of voters. I don’t care who he has sex with, as long as it isn’t children. I’m looking at you, GOP.

He seems moral and ethical. He has the military background, which doesn’t matter to me but does to some. He’s sane. He’s sane.

He won’t get the nomination, but he’d be a great candidate in 2028. By then, more of the Trump-voting Republicans will be dead and millennials will be the majority, and they definitely don’t give a shit about sexual orientation.

I want someone who, statistically, isn’t likely to die in office. Warren, Biden and Sanders don’t fit that bill.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Biden is getting a lot of votes that would normally be "undecided" and he also benefits from those who might not normally be voting in a Dem primary. While Bernie and Warren have the support of the 24/7 engaged Dem voters - I do wish there would be more discussion of "who would be the best President."

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Still Pete for me but seemingly going to end up with Biden or Warren. And I’ll happily give them my vote.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm starting to think Warren gets the nomination and, even though she breaks my age rule, I'm fine with that. The Mayor remains my first choice but I'll stick to my Warren-Buttigieg-Harris triple. Any two in any order and I'm OK with the ticket.

Still convinced it doesn't matter, that we're doomed for another term of Trump. I would very much love to be wrong. But the clown who claims an 88 percent increase in his IRA isn't the only Trump supporter I've seen who is too stupid to see through the charade. I still haven't heard a Trump diehard say, "Wow, was I ever wrong."

Tweener and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Because an accomplished arrogant asshole is better than no asshole at all

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I've heard one say it, and they said it early on. One more than I expected

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The Trump diehards aren't the ones you're trying to convince. They're only 30 percent of the electorate and they're gone anyway.

12. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Is it safe to assume that whoever the top pick is, they would use one from the next tier to be VP? Like Warren-Buttigieg, or something of that combination?

Draft saved Draft deleted