1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3: The Daniel Jones Era begins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

This is so stupid. He's not even eligible for at least six more years. Aren't you in your 70s? Are you going to write it into your will to pay out the bet?

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

My heirs will enjoy a nice dinner on his money.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

All those Lombardi trophies and so many Pats fans are still ticked because the Giants punked them twice. You're delusional. This bet is like stealing candy from a kid.

4. CD Boogie

You're all witness! When I lose this bet, Gee's whole family is going to Sizzler!

5. Michael_ Gee

1. I am not a Pats fan. I am an Eagles fan.
    2. Jim Plunkett isn't in and wasn't even added to the expanded field this year. He has two Super Bowl wins, same as Eli.

6. CD Boogie

Balderdash. You love the Pats. They're at least a second favorite team for you. You defend them like they're you're own.

Eli has made 4 Pro Bowls. Plunkett never made a single one. In the freaking playoffs, Plunkett had 11 career TDs...and 12 INTs with a passer rating of 81.9. Manning has 18 to 9 with an 87.4 -- with two Super Bowl MVPs. Plunkett has one. They are not similar.

I'd like you to scan a picture of the $500 check made out to me: Mr. CD Boogie.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It is tough for a quarterback who started for two Super Bowl championship teams to not make the Hall of Fame, especially in the modern game, but Plunkett is the exception. He was terrible for most of his career. His actual good seasons came after the league changed the rules to open up the passing game in 1978 (See the Mel Blount rule, among other changes), but his overall numbers are not good. He threw 34 more interceptions than touchdowns in his career.

8. Michael_ Gee

Plunkett got beat up in his early days with the hapless Pats as much or more than was Archie Manning with the Saints.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Highest Career Earnings in #NFL History
    1 Eli Manning - $252,280,004
    2 Peyton Manning - $248,732,000
    3 Drew Brees - $244,710,422
    4 Tom Brady - $235,166,804
    5 Ben Roethlisberger - $232,286,864
    6 Matt Ryan - $223,457,925
    7 Aaron Rodgers - $219,044,529
    8 Philip Rivers - $218M

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Here’s a fun debate: Will ALL of those guys get into the Hall of Fame?

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If Eli doesn’t get in Rivers shouldn’t.
    And I asked this before, is the difference between Roethlisberger and Eli Manning the difference between HOF and not HOF?

Draft saved Draft deleted