1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3: The Daniel Jones Era begins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 17, 2019.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

How on earth do the Seahawks thread that needle? They barely beat the Bengals at home and they could easily have lost to Pitt and be 0-2.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I'm not sure they can, but they have Wilson and what is alleged to be a competent defense. No way they'd beat the Pats, but I could see them getting over on LA/NO/PHI.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It is way to early to bury 26 teams, or declare the Chiefs will go undefeated.
    Christ on a stick, the Patriots are dead and buried around week 3 every other year.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Jacksonville is great if you like ungodly heat and humidity, torrential rain and rednecks. And lots and lots of little lizards.

maumann likes this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The Chiefs haven’t been to Super Bowl for 50 years because they had a run of some of the worst QBs known to man, retreads like DeBerg or notreads like Matt Cassel, Tyler Palko and Brady fucking Quinn.

Trent Green ran a great offense with no defensive help. Alex Smith brought a measure of respectability but didn’t have enough to carry the team when it needed it the most (loss to Titans, especially).

Mahomes is their unicorn QB with the perfect set of playmakers and an improving defense. For the first time in my lifetime, the idea of the Chiefs winning a Super Bowl or two doesn’t seem like the fever dreams of a raving lunatic.

FileNotFound and misterbc like this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

To be fair, Palko was never their quarterback. He started four games in 2011, but I thought that was only because Cassel and Orton were hurt.

That said, I also don't buy the idea of them going undefeated this season. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them lose to the Ravens this week.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Agreed. And the list crosses off at least a handful of teams that sit at 2-0.

Will be interesting to perhaps re-check this thread on NFC/AFC Championship weekend and see where the final 4 teams fell out here.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The Bears have been to two Super Bowls in my lifetime despite a run of some of the actual worst QBs known to man.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Take away the Tyree catch and Eli doesn't go into the HoF. Career passer rating is below Case Keenum.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

Not being combative at all when I ask who should be un-crossed as a team that can be taken seriously as a potential Super Bowl participant?

I am probably being unjustifiably harsh but I blame my years as a Jets fan.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Niners are 2-0, with both games played in the east. Its sorta hard to win on the road, yet they've done it twice already.
    Chargers were 12-4 last year
    Who the heck knows how good Jacoby Brisset and the Colts are?
    Teddy Bridgewater looked like the second coming of Trevor Simien, yet they are still on the list

12. DanielSimpsonDay

Niners/Colts/Ravens in the Super Bowl? The last two would be great because it means Satan takes a holiday but still...

Chargers? Coming through in the playoffs? On the road? When it matters?

Draft saved Draft deleted