1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Succession thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think that Nan and Rhea were playing a game on Logan and that Pierce is going to sell to Sandy and Stewy.

Also, there is zero chance that Logan is ever attending any roast.

2. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

An interesting theory that I heard on a podcast: what is Logan is so disgusted with all his children (especially Siobahn after the dinosaur remark) that he decides to bring in an outside CEO, and that CEO is Holly Hunter, who he had a clear personal chemistry with?

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Well, she's available ...

4. Webster

The amazing part is that he wants any of them near his business.

5. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

James Murdoch doesn't know what y'all are gibbering about:

"If it all sounds a bit like Succession, that’s no coincidence: the hit HBO series is inspired by the mythos of Rupert Murdoch, his sons, and the questions surrounding the future of his media empire. James, for his part, says he doesn’t watch."
    James Murdoch Suggests His Dad’s Empire Is Ruining America

6. Webster

Man, the mother of Kendall, Roman and Shiv is some piece of work. Everyone’s world revolves completely around pleasing or pissing off Logan.

I also thought that the Greg(ory)/Tom stuff was a bit too camp, even for this show.

7. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

I think the Tom/Shiv thing must be something like this: He's probably from a rich family in Iowa but is nowhere near the wealth of the Roys. He and Shiv met in college, had a real relationship there. She probably really likes him, even while not being very faithful to him and has outgrown him quite a bit, especially the deeper into the family business she's gotten. It's worked well for him, as he's been able to rise up the Waystar/Royco ranks, but now he's in over his head with both his job (and the cruises controversy) and his wife.

8. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

The question after this week's episode: is Rhea playing Logan or vice versa?

I would think: Logan is playing her, simply because right now it seems to be the reverse

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Good question. It seems like there's a real mutual interest in her taking over. But that can't be the case.

10. Webster

He had to have brought her in for a reason. I think that if he truly needs to name a successor who will satisfy the investors, she fits the bill pretty well. I think he’s playing her in the sense that he’s making her feel special and he will drop her when the proxy fight is over.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

"Negotiate a bit of a Grexit"

Kendall rapping.

Kendall sending the girl packing the second he realizes daddy doesn't like her and that she can't help him be Logan's successor.

Another great hour of TV.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Greg is a fantastic supporting role.

I’d like to praise the Roman role but he never provides any positive comment, and I hate being around those types.

Kendall shipping that actress off was so brutal.

Dyno and Webster like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted