1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Huh?

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Four were appointed by presidents who did not receive the votes of the majority of Americans. One is a stolen selection.
    Legally appointed, yes; morally and/or legitimately given a mandate, no.
    SCOTUS should have appointments made by Gore, Obama, and Clinton.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Either Obama was such a bad President or Garland was such a bad nominee that even giving him a hearing would have given them more credibility than they deserved.

I guess that was McConnell's line of thinking.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

American elections are not decided by majority vote.

Which election was stolen?

5. Driftwood

Softball over the plate ....

The election of 2000 was stolen by SCOTUS along with the governor of a state and his apparatus to ensure his brother was installed as POTUS, thus enabling him to make justice nominations despite the fact that the majority of Americans believed in the ideology of his opponent.

As to which SCOTUS seat was stolen, I'll answer that as I am rounding the bases ...

Merrick FUCKING Garland was nominated and should have been confirmed in early 2016. Moscow Mitch McConnell, who I hope soon chokes to death on a bag of rusty donkey cocks so I can piss on his grave, stole that seat and allowed another president, who did not receive a mandate, to nominate not one but two partisan hacks who political donors wanted installed.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Oh horseshit. Garland is already on the DC court of Appeals. He was a standout selection, but not a GOP selection. McConnell put his party before the good of his country, just like he’s been doing for his entire career, and knew damn well what he was doing and why he was doing it. Fuck that guy. He might be the single worst thing that’s ever happened to the United States government.

Slacker, Driftwood and HanSenSE like this.
  7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Of course it's horseshit. If any Senator thought Obama should not have been able to put someone on the court in his last year, they had every right to vote no as a natter of principle, just like that one asshole writer who never votes for anyone to be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility. If Garland got voted down how could Obama have claimed a victory?

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The key words in this nonsene are "exepedite approvals of the oil pipelines"

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. Driftwood

In other words, "let me get my marching orders from my creditors..."

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

So here we are.

Somebody did a bad thing.

Fatfuck wants to start a war because he says he knows who did it.

Pay attention, because THIS TIME he's telling the truth.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

So, we are trusting MBS, rather than our own intelligence services?

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.