1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 2 NFL: Bills Go for State Championship of either New York or New Jersey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I wonder how many 20-point spreads they'll see? They're opening as 16 1/2-point underdogs at Dallas next week.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I wonder why they won't give Josh Rosen a chance. I get that they're tanking, but shouldn't they want to see what he can do?

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I didn't know what "PointsBet" was until I read about it after Ravens-Dolphins -- you can bet the spread and collect X dollars for every point above the spread your bet wins, or pay X dollars for every point below the spread in a loss. Some guy made a fortune on the Ravens and undoubtedly several more did so today with the Pats. But eventually that's gonna run dry ... though maybe not by betting against the Dolphins this season.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Even with the AFC East in a shambles - the Bills are still looking at an 8-8 season. I'm guessing it will be good enough for McDermott to keep his job, but you have to wonder how you judge any coach who gets four free wins in a season and can't make the playoffs.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

10 of 13 games Under today.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Glad I got tickets for the Rams at Steelers on Veterans Day weekend...:(

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

What a cavalcade of nonsense at the end of the Bears-Broncos game.
    The Broncos scored with 31 seconds left to cut it to 13-12, then lined up to go for two. They got called for a delay of game penalty, went for the PAT and missed it, but the Bears were offsides. So the Broncos brought the offense out to go for two again and got it, and lead 14-13.
    Bears get the ball and complete a pass in the middle of the field with one second left -- maybe -- and kick a 52-yard field goal to win 16-14.

Amidst all of this, I had the Bears -2 1/2. So it went from looking good; to dammit, but at least they can still cover in overtime; to oh no; to whew; to holy God they're going for two AGAIN!?; to you gotta be kidding me; to maybe they can hit a hail mary; to they win but not by enough.
    Everybody involved in that debacle gets a hearty "Fuck you."

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I don’t want to see contact on every contested pass turned into interference.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If the Dolphins go winless this season, will the original Tampa Bay Buccaneers hold a champagne toast?

Huggy, sgreenwell, MTM and 5 others like this.
  11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

He did. And he still slid on a yard short on third-and 16 when he could have gotten the first down. They went for it on 4th-and-one and if they had been stuffed and lost on a field goal, he would have been roasted

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The fastest timeout in NFL history.

Batman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted