1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Tarheel316 and garrow like this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Just another day at the Oval Office.

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

The entire Arctic is melting.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A U.S. federal appeals court on Friday revived a lawsuit alleging President Donald Trump violated the U.S. Constitution by profiting from foreign and domestic officials who patronized his hotels and restaurants, moving a watchdog group closer to obtaining financial records from his real estate company.

In a 2-1 ruling, a three-judge panel of the New York-based 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals set aside a lower court ruling that had thrown out the case because the people who sued could not prove they were harmed by Trump’s actions and his role as president.

Friday’s ruling dealt with preliminary questions relating to whether the case should be heard, without directly addressing whether Trump violated the law.

The lawsuit, initially filed by plaintiffs including the watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, accused the Republican president of failing to disentangle himself from his hotels and other businesses, making him vulnerable to inducements by officials seeking to curry favor.​

Good.

U.S. appeals court says Trump cannot dodge foreign corruption lawsuit - Reuters

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

FATUS can rot in solitary, playing handball with his own shit.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I kind of had a back and forth with a friend in his 60s last night. He's intelligent. For every unethical, imbecilic, downright criminal thing I pointed out about Trump, his only reply was that the stock market and his personal portfolio are up. He didn't even argue that Trump is doing everything I illustrated. I guess he can't see past the end of his bank statement.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Simple question from a simpleton.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Sounds familiar ...

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

you didn't sit in his recliner did you?

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I am a very stable genius he said. But there was no one there. So no one believed him, not even the chair.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    OscarMadison likes this.
  11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

If you took away the ability to make metal, I agree.

Pretty sure you need metal to make a lot of shit.

And teach people to replant trees. They were fucking that up without metal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.