1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football, week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

OU is going to win its third consecutive Heisman with a transfer QB. Who’s next?

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So much for the University-6 Revival storyline.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Say what?

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

As the boards lone Red Raider fan, I have much optimism.
    The offense is really really good...(I know, Montana State)
    Wells at Utah State ran a faster offense than Kingsbury, and I didnt think that was possible.
    They'll beat the teams they're supposed to beat, but now they have to beat those other two fuckwits in Orange, and OU.
    Oh.....Lincoln Riley is going nowhere.

5. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I hope he is. He seems like a great young man. He handled everything with Alabama the right way from the benching to coming off the bench to get the win when they needed him. He didn't complain, he didn't run away from anything. He graduated and moved on without incident.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Perhaps I was a bit hasty.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

He’s not. I think Kyler Murray will struggle to be good in the NFL, too.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Right now there are probably 7 teams that have a legit shot. ND is a three or four loss team at best.
    And as underwhelming as the SEC was - the ACC looks even less impressive. Clemson could win that conference with its backups.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    maumann likes this.
  9. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I’m usually a fan of having “more football,” but, gah, Week 0/1 was such a slog. Some good games here and there, and the marquee matchup delivered, but sloppy football spread out over seven of 10 days did not get me as excited as a full slate on Saturday.

10. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I suppose that it is OK to be a Red Raider fan. But this is a school that never had a winning conference record when Patrick Mahommes was on campus. So what possible reason do you have to be optimistic?

I, on the other hand note that Colorado gave up 505 yards to CSU and reconcile myself to 1-11.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Better defense maybe?
    I don't know. I just am.
    Loved Kingsbury, but it was time for him to leave Lubbock.
    May make the trip to The Shitty to watch them and the wagon-driving hippies on 9/28.

12. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

3-4 loses at best? I'd see two loses at best. 3-4 loses most likely. ND's schedule is not that tough this year. Georgia, Stanford and Michigan are all likely losses but it's hard to find one more likely loss, let alone two.

New Mexico and Bowling Green are crap.
    BC is not good. Navy is probably not good.
    USC just lost it's QB.
    UVa and Va-Tech are both in South Bend. And Va-Tech just lost to BC.
    Duke on the road is not that scary.

There might be 1 more loss in there but not two. This is a classic 8-4 Brian Kelly team.

Draft saved Draft deleted