1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football, week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Aug 27, 2019.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or did Stanford cover the spread on a meaningless, last-second fumble that bounced into the end zone and became a late Cardinal TD?

THAT'S why I don't gamble on college FB!

exmediahack likes this.
  2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

And the kid wore 7.

How the hell did UNC win that?!?

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

The kid came into his own. UNC’s offense really clicked and the defense wasn’t bad. Some of my Gamecock friends are calling for Muschamp’s head.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Dammit, GSU took care of any chance for UAB to sneak up on UT.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

They play next year in Fort Collins. Then they'll go two-on, two-off. Nothing in it for CU to play CSU, though the Buffs' scheduling, as usual, is suspect. Everything to lose, nothing to gain. Would prefer they play every year, but college football is beyond an afterthought here. They had a nice 67,000 on Friday night on a holiday weekend with the really-afterthought high school season starting (and lightning season), but this matchup is better on the respective campuses.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

66 days until basketball season.

7. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Auburn could've just won but they decided to cover...because it just means more!

exmediahack likes this.
  8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I swear, every big Duck game ends with a series of graphics reminding you how big their lead was in the third quarter before they completely pissed it away.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Mizzou loses at Wyoming. South Carolina loses at UNC. Wow, when you actually play a road OOC game, instead of the usual home game against the directional-school cupcake, there's a chance you can lose!

Auburn saves the SEC from a completely embarrassing day featuring losses to G6 Memphis, Georgia State and Wyoming, and to the 2-10 Heels.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Throw in Liberty's 24-0 home loss to Syracuse and it was a pretty tough day for Trumpist football.

micropolitan guy likes this.
  11. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

SEC fan boy here... shitty week one.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And yet when Bama runs the table - we'll still hear about the "dominance" of the SEC and what a grind it is. Granted it is week one and I'm guessing Georgia is the second best team in the conference, but after that it is a jump ball. Oregon giving up 21 straight isn't very good.

Draft saved Draft deleted