1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Andrew Luck retiring from NFL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Regan MacNeil, Aug 24, 2019.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Patriots back up

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And no he's not going to the XFL to work with his dad. I could see him comeback though. The shoulder thing probably fried his brain and this latest deal took out his heart. Getting away from the game for a spell might be the cure.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And then to the Redskins!

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I get the gist of what Parcells is saying, as all of you do, but when you can get a guy like Luck, hesitating because of intelligence is stupid.

Of course, some owners and execs don't want to see too many guys like Luck. Then they can't keep including "preseason" games in their season ticket and parking packages. And one look at this "preseason" is all anyone needs to see that this stupid four- to five-week stretch has outlived its usefulness ... except for, of course, the owners' and league's pockets.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

New England could be beautiful in another year or so. You never know what might open up.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I blame Trump.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And another thing - an 18 game season would only add more injuries - with the potential benefit that some players might make it back on the field before the year is over. But still - how many injuries happen in the first couple of weeks when the starters are playing "live" all of the sudden.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

It’s amazing how many fanboi jackasses go to training camps and talk shit. They probably love preseason too.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I already know this is a bad take and is probably rooted in jealousy over the fact that I'm not very happy about my own workplace situation right now but there are a lot of people in this world who are physically or mentally exhausted by their jobs that do not have the werewithal to walk away from them at age 69, much less 29.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Is it more millennial than getting kicked out of college for stealing a classmate's credit card and going on a spending spree?

Draft saved Draft deleted