1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I look forward to all the hardcore Constitutionalists on the Right getting worked up over Trump talking about using an EO to get rid of birthright citizenship.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He frickin' admitted it!

“Obviously, the right decision for this country,” Cotton said quickly when asked by Talk Business & Politics CEO Roby Brock about Trump’s Greenland tweets. “You’re joking, but I can reveal to you that several months ago, I met with the Danish ambassador and I proposed that they sell Greenland to us.”

Cotton said Greenland’s mineral reserves and its strategic location make it a ideal strategy move for the U.S., noting that such reasons are why President Harry Truman offered $100 million in the 1940s. Cotton told the Red & Blue crowd that Greenland’s “economic potential is untold,” and the island is “vital to our national security.”

“Anyone who can’t see that is blinded by Trump derangement,” he said.

Sen. Cotton says he asked Danish ambassador about selling Greenland - Talk Business & Politics

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

yes that's it exactly in the marketplace of ideas consumers are unable to find the flagship products "fags go to hell," "what if jesus was aborted," "mexican rape" "healthcare schmealthcare," and "the richest will pay less taxes" maybe if they were on an endcap or we ran a promotion with those portable refuelable flammable crosses

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There is something weird going on in GOP circles right now. Not sure what it is. The Greenland thing, rumors about Haley replacing Pence, Hannity calling out white supremacy, it's not just Trump. I get the sense that the Rs don't think Trump alone will be enough to carry the party in 2020 - and while obvious to almost everyone else - such introspection hasn't been in evidence for the last three years.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I think they will reconsider when the republican primary voters accept trump as the Chosen One. He’s firmly accepted as an annoyed Prophet if not a literal Messiah. He will receive zero backlash from his loyal 40%

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

“Some Jews will not embrace us!”

7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I’m reconsidering my anti-impeachment stance. I don’t trust us to vote him out.

matt_garth, garrow and OscarMadison like this.
  8. heyabbott

Dey von’t be ahround to complain much longer

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Just watched an HBO doc on the 2008 financial crisis. Does anyone think Trump (or anyone in his administration) could handle something like that?

12. heyabbott

I don’t think these guys could handle when Kellyanne screws up the McDonald’s order

HanSenSE and Fred siegle like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.