1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obscure sports trivia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jan 3, 2019.

1. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Well done.

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

This question got me wondering who has the fewest catches with a touchdown. I know a couple linemen have caught TD passes or a kicker or punter on a fake, but I'm thinking there have to be a few receivers or RBs who have one career catch and it's a TD. Alas, I couldn't find it.

3_Octave_Fart likes this.
  3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

4. cyclingwriter2

Have never heard of this guy before, but he may have the longest Wikipedia entry for a guy who played less than a half season in the NFL.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Probably because he got most of a full chapter in Mark Bowden's book on the 1992 Eagles.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

This reads like his Mom wrote it. Or someone from his high school paper

Marvin Hargrove - Wikipedia

In a game against the Cardinals, he received a pass from the quarterback, who decided mid-play to pass to Hargrove.[1] Hargrove then ran the ball thirty-four yards for his one and only touchdown.[2]

Heck of a personal life, though

Hargrove did not drink alcohol, accepting only a Coke at bars and parties. He also did not stay up late at night and never slept around, unlike most other players.

During his time in the NFL, his teammates pranked him by giving him a pill that resulted in blue urine, which the team doctor, who was part of the prank, claimed was a symptom of chlamydia. The team doctor told him that he got it from another player in the locker room and it could be cured by a vasectomy. His teammates shortly after admitted to the prank.[1]

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

The answer to that question is Tom Henke (Blue Jays), Randy Johnson, (Mariners) and Dennis Eckersley (A’s).

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

An NFL conference once had four straight MVPs, all different players from different teams. Name the conference, teams and players.

9. cyclingwriter2

AFC central 78-81?
    Terry Bradshaw, Pittsburgh
    Earl Campbell, Houston
    Brian sipe, Cleveland
    Ken Anderson, Cincinatti

garrow likes this.
  10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Show off

Jk.
    Nicely done ✅

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  11. cyclingwriter2

Nfl mvp history is a sweet spot of the bat for me.

12. cyclingwriter2

Since there were no takers on this one: Bob Brown, Merlin Olsen, Dick Butkus and Curley Culp. They also drafted Kermit Alexander and he didn’t sign either. That is a definite A for the scouting department.

Draft saved Draft deleted