1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

A Miz KO final with Shane going out of his mind that one of his nemesis is now best in the world is a good story.

I think Andrade would be a great king with Vega spouting off about it all the time, but I wonder if they’re finally going to relaunch Gable, so he comes out of that quadrant?

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

It's what heels do, but enough of making light of dead relatives.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  3. nietsroob17

Nicholas: "That should've been me."

Gonna be awkward when he finds out it was his dad who made the 3 count.

4. nietsroob17

Three belts if you count the Up Down Up Down title.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hard to believe that, other than his goof run with Nicholas, this is Braun's first championship of any kind in WWE. Of all the ill effects of having Brock Lesnar as champion, the stifling of Braun Strowman might be the worst. He and Brock occupy the same space as monsters and Braun ends up the loser in that game.

Oh, and here is Braun eating a pineapple.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  6. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I think it's UpUpDownDown. Unless you're describing what he and Becky do after a good show.

Batman likes this.
  7. JimmyHoward33

Well there it is

8. nietsroob17

It'll be the battle of the spouses on Wednesdays.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  9. JimmyHoward33

Gonna be pretty awkward when they’re pushing the Dusty Tag Team Classic on a show that’s trying to crush Dusty’s actual kids

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Look for a lot more underutilized "main" roster talent returning to NXT. 2 hours of live TV weekly w/o the safety net of "do-overs" is a big change from taping 4 1-hour, post-production episodes in a night.

Many, if not all, below would be better off with a move (or a move back) to NXT. Will need some vets with live TV experience to lean on:

- Apollo Crews
    - Cesaro
    - Dana Brooke
    - Bo Dallas/Curtis Axel
    - EC3 (what was the point of his call-up?)
    - SaNITy (Dain already there)
    - Ascension
    - Rusev & Lana
    - Mojo
    - No Way Jose
    - Bobby Roode

11. JimmyHoward33

Agreed. Depending on contract status, positioning all these as possible main event talents on national TV is gonna sway them from wanting to go to AEW.

I wonder about the pay tho. Going to NXT means no house shows and no gate for TV. They’re cutting back on house shows but you wonder if a Rusev would take a massive pay cut by being at full sail

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

And now that it's live network TV, will VKM's hands now be on it? Or will HHH continue to have creative control?

Draft saved Draft deleted