1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Try Mormonism. They somehow save the dead.

Not sure how that works, but redeeming S&H Green Stamps just popped into my mind.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Catholics and Protestants. Confess your sins, ask for absolution. Accept Jesus Christ as your lords and savior and all your sins are wiped away.
    Want to own slaves, Jesus has no objection. Want to marry a 13 year old girl? Mary was an early teenager. Is there a sin that can’t be wiped out?

Christianity supported slavery. Christianity supported concentration camps. Racism is a Christian concept. Ask a Native American between 1492 and 1792? Convert or be killed or exiled.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Bleach does work on stupidity though.

Vombatus likes this.
  5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I live in the Bible Belt. Most hard core Bible thumpers around here curse Jews and Muslims while conveniently eschewing the teachings of Jesus Christ while embracing the parts of the Old Testament they like.
    They're all about certain parts of Leviticus while planting gardens and eating ham biscuits.

cyclingwriter2 and OscarMadison like this.
  6. heyabbott

“The difference between Donald Trump and Greenland? Greenland is not for sale,” Klobuchar tweeted this Friday.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I often have some fun with them when they say the only way to get into heaven is through accepting Christ.

I ask them if they believe there is a soul at conception. They always say yes.

I then point put that roughly half of conceived embryos, supposedly with souls, never attach to the uterus and are instantly miscarried. I also ask them about other later miscarriages, and babies who are briefly born and then die, and ask if they got into heaven even though they never got to accept Jesus.

This puts them in a tough spot. Either the miscarriages, stillborns and briefly alive don’t get into heaven, which means Jesus has some deep-seated issues he needs to work out, or they do get into heaven, which mean that there are loopholes other than acceptance of Jesus and then how do we know there are not other loopholes?

Typically by then, they’re calling me Satan.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The older that I get, the more cynical I am of organized religion. The pro-Trump evangelicals have no monopoly for my scorn but they certainly are the most recently odious

Slacker and Driftwood like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. heyabbott

Byron York is a clown.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Obama urges Americans not to drink bleach.

Response upcoming from Fatboy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.