1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Jan 23, 2019.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, I thought you were talking about what he did when he started much of last season. I didn't read the post carefully enough. He did have that one great season as a starter, but since then, his only success has come as a fill-in.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Exhibition games are horrible. For some reason I'm watching the Giants and Bears, there is a penalty on every play, and the backups in the game after the first or second series are not good.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Neither team is a playoff probable. And players are held out. They are just scrimmages.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

LOLWUT. Bears went 12-4 and won the division last season and lost virtually no one from their 22 starters. And only one of their starters is over 30, IIRC.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

This is entirely Jay-Z cashing in. There is no "getting in the door" here. This is strictly Jay-Z using the league's racial troubles to get paid and be the owners' black friend.

8. heyabbott

Jay Z is the new Tony Dungy, house boi. Tony blesses players when they done messed up, jay Z and Beyoncé now bless the league. NFL gets to say “ we ain’t racist, Jay Z and Bey wouldn’t be part of a racist organization. “. J and B get to spend the NFL’s blood money fund

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The Bears defense put up huge numbers last season. I mean right at the top of the league. Their D was in the top five statistically in 14 of 21 categories and forced 45 turnovers. I think that it is far more likely that they revert back toward the mean than that they have anything approaching that sort of season again.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Jay-Z to Become Part Owner of NFL Team
    Jay-Z to Become Part Owner of NFL Team

Be the guy that signs the paycheck.

11. heyabbott

JayZ had 1.5% share of the Nets. Magic had a 4% share of the Lakers. Token investments. Enough to be in the group picture and Press releases. Not enough to make decisions.

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

They were top-10 two years ago and added Khalil Mack. Just how much do you expect them to regress?

Draft saved Draft deleted