1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy shit, Dale Jr. ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jr/shotglass, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My earliest impression of Dale Jr. was he was a pretty good guy during his Busch days, then he got kind of full of himself as a Cup rookie. I remember one instance where he was testing a Bristol. There was a media availability set up specifically to interview him. He wouldn't come out of the hauler because he wanted to take a nap. This was even before his first win. After the death of his father and the crash where he got burned doing a sports car race, I think he got a grounding and was pretty good guy.
    I say all that having not been around him or the sport for going on a decade.

2. Driftwood

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

yes

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Liut, Driftwood and OscarMadison like this.
  5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Some NASCAR drivers just need to switched, some are saintly, some want to be seen as saintly, and some are good people with very evident flaws. Junior (or "Joooon") falls squarely into the last category. On a good day, he is a pleasure to work around. On a bad day, he seems to try to rein in his frustration and can be damned funny. Him with a pit crew who got him always meant the audio people were going to have a good afternoon.

maumann and Liut like this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

In other NASCAR news - Slayer removed from car sponsorship for race co-sponsored by the NRA. Apparently Slayer's "values" didn't align with the rest of NASCAR.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Junior once drove the Tax Slayer car and no one had a problem with that!

garrow likes this.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Are we talking the band Slayer or something else?

9. Driftwood

Piss on the NRA ... and I say that as a gun owner and one-time member.

franticscribe likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The band.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Hmm. It’s been a while since I even unintentionally watched NASCAR. I’ll wait until Rage Against the Machine sponsors a team. Fuck you, we won’t do what you told us! Motherfucker!

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted