1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Show, don't tell.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I posted a link.

Did you know those verses were in the New Testament?

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

They should ask Stormy Daniels about happy endings and Trump.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Regan MacNeil

There's some major correlation <=> causation between that story and your theory, however.

While it seems there's been a decrease overall in the amount of people who consider themselves Christians, there's been a marked increase in the power of those Christians in our local, state and federal government. And evangelical Christians, who are every bit as power hungry as the Catholic Church, have increased their numbers.

So when is this supposed collapse of Christian power supposed to occur? Ten years? Twenty? Thirty?

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

Netenyahu is as big a tool as Trump is, letting Trump call the shots here. And how the hell can Congress exercise its oversight function if Trump is going to keep stomping on the Constitution (or as they say in Columbus, The Constitution)?

But, yeah, the embassy's in Jerusalem, and under budget.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What's crazy about Trump is that if most of his scandals were only discovered months after they occured and leaked by anonymous sources there would be immediate hearings. Trump tweets this stuff out and it's .....Thursday.

garrow likes this.
  7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Remember when Bibi went around Obama to address Congress?
    He's a major POS

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's in the midst of happening now. And it has happened. Do public schools have Christmas pageants anymore? Not where I live. But I think you'll see broad influence lost more over the next 10 years as Baby Boomers pass on. The voting population will change considerably in its attitude toward the church.

One way I can tell is in how churches are growing in their embrace of orthodoxy and liturgy. This tends to happen when the remaining "clientele," if you will, are still there not because it's a nice place to go and you get to do some nice things for others, but because they want harder-core teaching, more discipleship, more traditional rooting. Some megachurches are going to that approach too, and I say with confidence: Megachurches exist to further their own existence, and they wouldn't be doing it if the ol cultural Christianity of 2003 wasn't still the way to do it.

I would expect churches, over time, to become more countercultural, frankly. But they'll be smaller, too. And less absorbed with the power structures of government. Which, IMO, would be a win for the Christian church. It is far too involved in nation building and politics.

10. Regan MacNeil

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

So much for Timothy 2:12

Christians and their bible are like Conservatives and the constitution.
    It’s a buffet. You take what you like and you ignore the rest.

OscarMadison and tapintoamerica like this.
  12. HanSenSE

I'm still in awe over the trade deal Sasha and Malia made with Tony Blair.

garrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.