1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeffrey Epstein, dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Aug 10, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Honestly - you do something like this, you need a few dupes. A couple of low-tier guards fall asleep and falsify records? People can imagine that. Curious about where those two end up though. My guess? Some six-figure no-show job for the next few years as long as they stay quiet.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

3. DanOregon

Did they explain why police began searching Epstein Island only after he died? Seems like that should have been on the warrant a few months ago.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The bottom of the Hudson

5. DanOregon

I always loved Law and Order when they'd track down an address and it would be the middle of the East or Hudson rivers. Taken off suicide watch, cellmate removed, sleeping guards...(not one, but two). Anybody check on the folks at SuperMax in Colorado lately?

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I know, I know!

That fuckin Yankee fan hump...

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Next we're gonna learn that Epstein's last two requests were granted
    1. A step stool
    2. A rope

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Well, sure. Why wouldn't I?

Batman, Baron Scicluna and Chef2 like this.
  9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

TigerVols-
    Some of the subject-specific forums I've been part of were the wild wild west compared to the worst iterations of this board's politics thread/sub-board.
    Mainly passionate, smart, bull-headed nerds who wouldn't budge half an inch on anything (not unlike SJ.com)
    But I sure miss going to this board's politics thread at 9 a.m. every morning and seeing a wall of regurgitated tweets about ... Egypt.
    I suspect it was always an AdSense money thread for whoever owned this place, until it got hijacked by shut-ins who didn't realize they weren't on Twitter.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

You actually bolded the words "may not be ..." so I assume you understood what they mean in a sentence.

You also curiously ended your quote without including the next line, which included, "But they are more common in victims of homicide by strangulation, the experts said."

11. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

A bone that commonly breaks from neck trauma? That alone makes you think the theories "may not be" far-flung?

There needs to be a shitload more evidence than that to prove the theories aren't anything other than garbage thrown out by idiots.

Autopsy Shows Bones in Jeffrey Epstein’s Neck Were Broken

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Nowhere did I say anything had been proven. There are many degrees between "theories may not be far-fetched" and "proven." Of course there needs to be a shitload more evidence. I didn't suggest otherwise.

The medical examiner herself listed the cause of death as pending, and stated, according to the story, that no single factor in an autopsy can alone provide a conclusive answer about what happened. "In all forensic investigations, all information must be synthesized to determine the cause and manner of death. Everything must be consistent; no single finding can be evaluated in a vacuum,” she said.

So, like I said, the conspiracy theories may not be so far fetched. I stipulate that they still could prove to be incorrect (in fact, they likely are incorrect), but the story I linked to makes such theories much more plausible.

Draft saved Draft deleted