1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seattle Times seeking a full-time Sports designer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by paulbarrett, Aug 13, 2019.

1. paulbarrett

paulbarrett Member

The Seattle Times, a family-owned news organization and one of the nation’s premier regional news sources, is looking for a skilled Sports designer to join our Pulitzer Prize-winning newsroom. This full-time role is responsible for designing the daily Sports section, and handling other production duties for print and online. Successful candidates should be comfortable collaborating with editors, reporters and photo editors while designing and producing content for the Sports section and online.

Apply online here: Sports Designer - The Seattle Times - Career Page

E-mail Sports Editor Paul Barrett at pbarrett@seattletimes.com with questions.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I would’ve done naughty things for a job like this a decade ago. Hell, I still might today.

GoogieHowser likes this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Can't imagine even trying to live there on whatever salary they would pay.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'd be hard pressed to find ANY job that would pay for rent/mortgage (ha!) in Seattle. Housing prices are insane in western Washington.

GoogieHowser likes this.
  5. GoogieHowser

GoogieHowser New Member

I need to echo JackReacher here. But I’d be worried how long the print product is going to be around and then how long I’d be underwater In a city in a job I wasn’t hired for though.

Draft saved Draft deleted