1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 2019 Golf Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 31, 2018.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And that would be a perfectly acceptable response. Hit the damn ball.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Interviewing athletes always mean you know them so well.

Chef2 likes this.
  3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Playing with DeChambeau would make me nuts.

4. MileHigh

Cripes, just following that group would drive me bonkers.

maumann likes this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

How you treat the 'little people' (even when he had been given a do-over) goes eleventy billion times farther in determining the worth of a man than how he comes across during 40 interviews.

And he's a dummy to boot, because he couldn't even feel the vibe in February when the story started coming out. He doubled down, with his '$5,000 is a great week' quote. Then, a few days later, after someone with a brain got to him, he finally apologized.

Cheaper than shit, and a dummy. Not a good combo.

6. poindexter

I will give @hondo credit -
    The world blowing up at DeChambeau this weekend was, behind Tiger's Masters win, the most interesting thing on the tour this year.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

And the Tour issuing a "we'll think about thinking about it" press release on Sunday was fairly amazing, the slow-play noise even reaching the deaf suits in Ponte Vedra Beach.

8. poindexter

Did CBS address it yesterday?

9. playthrough

I watched about 30 min of early coverage, after too many commercials and a segment on the AON challenge I gave up. I miss my DVR.

10. MileHigh

I watched a decent amount and don't recall them talking about it. Slow play has been around forever -- and will continue to be around.

11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

It may just be me, but Gary McCord's one-trick pony is getting extremely old. I finally had to turn the sound off at one point because he would not shut up and even worse, nothing he said was either humorous or contributed to the broadcast.

He's become that uncle who gets invited to Thanksgiving and tells the same stupid, eye-rolling jokes and stories every year but he has to be invited because he's always been there.

12. playthrough

I'd love to have a beer or five with him and hear his best unfiltered stories, but agree on his TV work. Throw Baker-Finch on the discard pile too, he's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet but also is a master of saying nothing interesting.

Draft saved Draft deleted