1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Arby's having problems...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Arby's is owned by Inspire, which was controlled by Wendy's until last year.
    Inspire also owns Buffalo Wild Wings and Sonic.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Anything with Horsey Sauce is heaven.

Horsey Sauce on bacon might cause a singularity.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

You haven't flirted with death until you have had the White Castle surf and turf.

The Castle is the one food that Mrs. W won't let me have unless one of us is away. She says that I stink of the smell of the burgers for at least a day.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  4. Ate at Arby's Sunday.. Classic roast beef is(still) good. Sliders SUCK ....

5. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

The meat-to-bread ratio is way, way off with the sliders.

Chef2 likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

There will be a black hole all right where nothing but the souls of the damned and regret will be able to escape from its clutches

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I haven’t been to Arby’s in years. And dammit now this thread makes me want to seek one out.

8. I can do without the cheese as well.

9. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

It's funny, for the most part I just eat less traditional fast food any more. So I hadn't been to Arby's forever despite always liking it until two weeks ago on the way back from a road trip where it was virtually the only option. Right around the start of this thread, too, oddly enough. And if anything, that trip showed me that if the Beef N Cheddar still is just about my favorite fast food sandwich. I wasn't disappointed. Who knows when I'll hit an Arby's again, but I bet it will be a smaller gap in time.

10. I used to LOVE Hardees Mushroom and Swiss burger.

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

An Arby's was fairly close close. Used to go occasionally. Now, driving around, I'll see one and think, "Oh, there's the Arby's, remember that." But we never go. Just too inconvenient to get there. Better places are closer.

12. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Not sure if it was really good, or if it was just because it was not McDonald's and something the 10-year-old me viewed as a treat, but I thought Hardee's roast beef sandwiches were amazing.

The Hardee's we have near us seem to be incredibly dirty. Their burgers look amazing, but I can't bring myself to trust that any food from there won't make me vomit.

Draft saved Draft deleted