1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Don Banks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Aug 4, 2019.

1. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

I had only brief forays into NFL locker rooms, but I met Don a couple times and he was notably kind. Once he saw me sitting by myself at an NFL event and came over and talked to me for five minutes before going on with his business. It meant a lot to me in terms of helping me feel at home, and I've seen many similar stories today about him taking time and being a guide with younger reporters. RIP.

2. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Dying alone in a hotel room while on assignment. Common beat writer's nightmare. R.I.P.

HanSenSE and Tweener like this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. HanSenSE

5. HanSenSE

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Classy.

7. MileHigh

It's been three years since the Pontiff passed. Did the NFL save a seat for him since they are in Miami?

8. HanSenSE

Saw Jerry Isenberg is not covering the game. Wasn't he the last member of the "covered them all" club?

9. MileHigh

10. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

maumann likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Very nice to see. Looking at the other finalists, I would have guessed Myers had already been selected but just about everybody there has a good case.

Draft saved Draft deleted