1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 NBA offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Jun 19, 2019.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm pretty solidly Team Kawhi in the whole Spurs thing.

The Athletic has a really good piece on what led to his deal with the Clippers, and buried in the story is a reference to the fact that his quad is still fucked up and led at least indirectly to the knee injury in the playoffs. That's the quad that San Antonio insisted was fine and they had no idea why he wasn't playing.

Looking at that from Kawhi's perspective, screw the Spurs.

Tweener likes this.
  2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Draymond would have the potential to be an utter disaster on an average team, but he is just about the smartest help defender and big man passer that I’ve seen.

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Day Day and Curry both will be turning 33-34 the final year of their contracts, and they both play a style which will go completely to shit once they lose a step or two off their 40 times.

I anticipate an Isiah Thomas-style denouement for Curry: from All-Star to out of the league in about 18 months.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I disagree on Curry -- his ability to shoot will keep him around for a long time, as long as he wants to play

7. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I feel like we'll be watching a 38-year-old Curry pop for 40+ on some unsuspecting top rookies in 2025

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I agree. I could easily see him in his mid-late 30s as Kyle Korver but actually a good shooter.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

The thing going against Curry playing until he's almost 40 would be his height. He's listed at 6'3", which means he has to be able to guard 1s and 2s credibly at that age. Usually if you're bigger, there is a wing or big man with less offensive ability that you can hide out on. And the track record on shorter guards being productive in their late 30s is basically "John Stockton and no one else." (Okay, there is some wiggle room on where you set the height line, but still. Taller NBA players normally age better, as long as they make it through their early career uninjured.)

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I think Day Day should age pretty well unless he gets fat again, and I don't see that happening
    His skills are more cerebral than athletic

11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I kept yelling for the Pistons to grab Green once he started falling in the draft
    Now I realize that would have been the worst thing that could've happened to him

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Curry is going to be great until he has that one last injury. To this point he's been able to roar back from ankles and what not but there will come a point when he won't. It won't be 18 months; that's ridiculous (short of something catastrophic). Maybe in 3 to 4 years he'll roll an ankle for the last time and hopefully he'll have people who will remind him how bad Kobe looked at the end and tell him to hang it up.

Draft saved Draft deleted