1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wrigleyville advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Huggy, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

We are heading to Chicago in two weeks to take in two games of the Cubs-Brewers series. Will be our first trip to Wrigley and while I am well aware it will be a complete gongshow there, especially with the Brewers in town, I am looking for suggestions of places in the area to hit for beers and something to eat pregame and postgame that might be better and/or not as crazy as some of the more well-known joints.

Thanks, I will hang up and listen.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The bars there are what you’d expect, especially along Clark.

I walked a few blocks down West Addison and had a pint or two at Guthrie’s. It’s not divey, but it’s cozy.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Huggy likes this.
  4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Thanks for that link, that's perfect.

TheSportsPredictor likes this.
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Architectural Boat ride on river at sunset is fantastic and sells adult beverages too!!

6. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Going up tomorrow, taking my eight-year old daughter to her first game there. Avoiding the rowdier establishments, but this looks like something for both of us a few blocks away: CHEESIES

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Please refer to the fans as Patrons.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I dig how it says "so and so feet from Wrigley Marquee".......Not miles.....Not blocks.......FEET.

Draft saved Draft deleted