1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

""
    very racist they should go back to their racist shitholes and go be racist there and stop interfering in infrastructure week all of their hate is keeping mexico from paying for the wall that will keep out all of the drug dealing raping murderers and rapists but i guess no one cares as long as its ok to keep killing babies

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. heyabbott

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

This is way longer than it needs to be, but the point about all these senators regretting calling for Franken's resignation draws a gigantic "fuck you" from me. Franken was the one guy who regularly took Trump's bunch to task, and you ran him out of town. They took the bait of what everyone knew was a setup from the start. Typical Democrat circular firing squad.
    Franken should be your Democratic front runner for the nomination right now.

The Case of Al Franken

6. heyabbott

Democrat Party is like most military generals. They are always fighting the last war. When they go low, we go high was a failed policy. Not because it was wrong but because it didn’t work. Rolling in shit with trump is not a successful policy any more than taking the high road.

Ignore him when you can, troll him on occasion and laugh at him often.

lakefront likes this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This, x100.

If the Democrats would simply, constantly, on all fronts, point out how completely bonkers he is, the public would flock to them.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

From the Franken story:

Not long ago, I asked the woman if she thought that Franken had been making a sexual advance or a clumsy thank-you gesture.

“Is there a difference?” she replied. “If someone tries to do something to you unwanted?” From her standpoint, because she was at work—a professional woman deserving respect—his intentions didn’t matter.

Franken has maintained that the woman’s story was the allegation “that killed me.” I asked her if his behavior was bad enough to end his Senate career.

“I didn’t end his Senate career—he did,” she said.

Franken was stricken when I related her comments to him. “Look,” he said. “This has really affected my family. I loved being in the Senate. I loved my staff—we had fun and we got good things done, big and small, and they all meant something to me.” He started to cry. “For her to say that, it’s just so callous. It’s just so wrong.” Rubbing his eyes beneath his glasses, he said, “I ended my career by saying ‘Thanks’ to her—that’s what she’s saying.”

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

From the story:

Let's see. Bribery and conspiracy.
    Sexual-assault accusations.
    Illegal payoffs to hide an affair.

Hmmm

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It could be argued Democrats are too busy judging each other to do that on a consistent basis.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.