1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yes, yes. He might put down that fourth Big Mac, too.

MAYBE!!

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Pence is banished to the island of forgotten pols when all is said and done.

3. Starman

Supposing a nice middle-aged, middle class (let's just say for the sake of argument a white guy) with a family of small children decided to put this fucker's lights out with a right fist to the skull, it would be very interesting to see the reaction of law enforcement.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I didn’t think it was possible, but Mike Pence might be more stupid than Trump.

5. Starman

It's so hard to tell with the nonstop gaslighting and moron signaling, if these fuckers really are as stupid as they look, or if they're just culling favor with their dumbfuck base.

lakefront likes this.
  6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I believe he's angling to become Trump's fourth wife.

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
  7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Well, I am a nice middle-aged, middle class, white guy, with my middle-aged wife, and seeing as how I'd had four beers before hitting the movies, I honestly weighed my options while standing behind this dumbass. I really did. I decided I wanted to see Lion King more than interact with white trash.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. Starman

Yeah, there's nothing really good gonna come from staying close enough to him to let his moldy-cheese aroma rub off on you.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

So 2016 proved moderation in 2020 won’t work?

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

So centrist NYT editorials proved going left won't work?

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No, they didn’t.

But, again, the game being played here isn’t in your household. Obviously you’re left. Most of the people here are. Hell, as it relates to the presidential race, there’s not a candidate in the race that’d ever have me voting for the president. (Someone like Marianne Williamson, who isn’t going to win anyway, would merely force me to sit out.)

This is about people who might vote for him, or who did, in roughly 15-to-20 states. That’s the game. It can’t be changed for 2020, regardless what the left thinks of it. So the question becomes who beats Trump in some of those places.

Or maybe that’s not the calculus. I increasingly get the sense that some on the far left are in for the long fight, would rather lose to Trump with ideological purity than win without it, and will fight instead to do away with the electoral college rather than win it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.