1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Aaron Boone get tossed for this?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

No. No he's not.
    It's not like he went out and aired the kid out. Never got personal about it. Told him he was having a shit start to the game......which he was. I would have dumped Gardiner first, then Boone.

Alma likes this.
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I was working a 19u tournament a few weeks ago.
    Had bases.
    3rd batter of the game. Runner at 2nd. 1 out.
    Hard grounder in the hole between short and 3rd. Throw late. I safe the kid. Kid at 2nd breaks late and gets around the tag. Safe both ways.
    First baseman goes nuts. Never cusses. I tell him to relax.
    He says straight to my face. "YOU MISSED IT."
    I say "WHAT DID YOU SAY?"
    Now. I know what you said. I have the hook in the water right now. If you want the hook, then you'll repeat what you said. The next words out of his mouth should be NOTHING.
    He repeats it. " YOU MISSED IT."
    Bye.
    Coach comes running out of the dugout because he was talking to the home plate umpire before why he didn't get up the line to get the call at 3rd (which he should have)....He knew when he crossed the foul line he was getting run.
    Comes out and asks me if it's really been that long of a weekend that I had to take it out on college kids.....that we let kids f-bombing everyone in sight, but I dump this kid.....i told him that there was no one dumping bombs on my field.......he finally lobbed the grenade of "Your umpiring is just like your life at home. You have no control over anything."
    Bye.

melock, HanSenSE, Alma and 1 other person like this.
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

F baseball. Give me football and basketball any day, though basketball does suck.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

He screamed he was fucking terrible from his dugout to home plate.

That’s pretty personal.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

He missed 3 calls in the span of about 8 pitches. He was fucking terrible

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Boone said "That's fucking terrible."
    Miles difference between "That's fucking terrible" and "You're fucking terrible."

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The magic word(s).

You/You're.

Not saying I disagree with Boone, but still ...

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Boone knew he was leaving.
    A coach likes it more when you dump him instead of having to bitch at you all night.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

What was terrible? His strike zone?

So either he called the ump fucking terrible or his strike zone fucking terrible. Even if you’re right, you never do either of those.

10. Not trying to be a dick, but if the ball stayed in the infield and both plays were in the infield, the plate umpire should not be coming up to third base to help on that play in two-man mechanics. His responsibility is to help with a pulled foot at first base and to be at the plate in case of an overthrow on the batter-runner and a subsequent play at the plate involving R2.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

#umpshow
    Kid didn’t curse and all he said is you missed it. You baited him into answering the second time and he still didn’t curse, walk away.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Never change, New York Post.

Draft saved Draft deleted