1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

lakefront likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Vigorous jacking off motion

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Definition of RACISM

I absolutely get what Michelle Martin is saying, racism has a definition and it isn't exactly what she is claiming. The issue she is writing about is absolutely real and it is an important point to understand, but you don't get to change the definition of a word just because you think it should be different. I say this for two reasons. One, the proper use of language is important to me. The misuse of it bothers me. Two, this willingness to just change definitions makes it easier for people who who want to dismiss these arguments to do so. Sure, it is important for marginalized people to understand the systematic issues of power in our society, but the real audience is the majority. Real change isn't going to happen without the majority, meaning white males, understanding and accepting the message and that isn't easy to do. Trying to change the definitions of existing words just to fit a chosen narrative makes it easier for them to dismiss it.

lakefront likes this.
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Latest in Democratic polling shows 2 things:

Harris made a surge with her debate performance.

Booker and Castro did not.

The quicker this thing gets Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris and Mayor Pete, the better sense we’ll have of the race.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

That Mayor Pete is even in the conversation is pretty impressive. I'm starting to come around to Harris/Warren-Mayor Pete as a good ticket. I'd be fine with Mayor Pete at the top of the ticket.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Ive always found it fascinating that so many Dems figure the country won't vote for someone "too liberal" while so many Republicans figure the country will only support "true conservatives." These are the decision makers in the primaries. The Ds who vote with their heads and the Rs who vote with their hearts.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Trump is not a “true conservative.” He really isn’t. He’s not any good, either, but I digress.

Mayor Pete is a centrist. And I suspect Harris would be, too, more or less. She plays at being far left because she wants to win. Warren and Sanders actually inhabit that ground more honestly.

I’d vote Warren or Pete at this point. Then Biden.

9. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

I got:

Pete/Warren/Harris
    Biden
    Sanders

garrow likes this.
  10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If Mayor Pete had never said a word about sexual orientation, he'd be a moderately centrist Dem.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.