1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Watch the two Marines behind him. You can read in their face what they are thinking. "Honor guard for POTUS. The assignment of a lifetime. This is what I get. Welcome to the suck."

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Those Marines are very well trained because the one I could see never changed his expression.

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Screw Trump; I’ve lived the “go back to where you came from” and it’s a knowingly offensive remark that simply reflects his racist view. I’ll tell him exactly what I told those I encountered, “why don’t you go back to where you came from.”

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    classic collins

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I checked the comments on one of the Fox News web sites and the majority was saying: "Oh, he meant go back to their districts. He wasn't being racist at all."

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

So that makes it okay.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

They got that one from Maryland's only Trumpist in Congress, who resisted signing off an on a proclamation of sympathy for the victims of the Annapolis Capital executions until he got the OK from the NRA. Despicable people.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

garrow likes this.
  12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

What a depressing day. Obviously, it's awful we elected someone who could say something like that, but then half the electorate doesn't care that it's racist and generally agrees with the sentiment? Half the electorate is buying into the idea four members of Congress should "go back to where they came from," agree they "hate Jews" and are "communists."

It's heartbreaking that people are so stupid, so prone to hate and so susceptible to fearmongering.

Sea Bass likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.