1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alabama Freelancer Seeking FT or PT Gig

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by bamabelle2k15, Mar 10, 2019.

1. bamabelle2k15

bamabelle2k15 Member

I am freelance sports writer (well obviously right?) and I am seeking a full-time or part-time remote writing job. As of right now, I work for a sports website as the beat writer for Auburn University, but I also cover University of Alabama athletics too, as well as other sports and leagues.

I love what I do and I love working for this site, however, I would be willing to move on for the right opportunity. The reason I am willing to move on at this point, is because the site I work for right now doesn't pay me enough for the work that I do.

All interested parties are welcome to contact me for more information including my resume and clips.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

P.S. I would consider relocating for the right gig

2. Scott Hawkins

Scott Hawkins New Member

Hi, I have a full time sports position at The Natchez Democrat. See below. Let me know if you’re interested.

Entry Level Sports Journalism Opening

This would be an excellent opportunity for a recent journalism graduate. Please message me if you are interested or pass it on to someone who might be a good fit.

Natchez Newspapers Inc., a media group in historic southwest Mississippi that publishes a five-day-per week newspaper, magazines and niche publications, has an immediate opening for an entry-level sports position in the newsroom. The Natchez Democrat is an 8,000-circulation newspaper surrounded by seven high schools and one university. Ideal recruits will have some sports experience at a college newspaper, weekly or daily newspaper, InDesign experience and an eye for the story behind the game. Much of our coverage is of preps and Alcorn State University. We branch out to LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Southern Miss when pertinent. Duties will include writing and page design. Candidates should have a desire to learn and grow while making a difference with your work while you hone your knowledge and skills. For more information contact Editor Scott Hawkins at scott.hawkins@natchezdemocrat.com or 601-445-3540.

Draft saved Draft deleted