1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Washington now, but glad to be considered.

2. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Since Carter, the road to the White House for the Dems is to run left in the primaries, then back to the center for the general. I'm not sold on (or fearful of) Harris as president but she's a skillful politician. She can do this pivot in her sleep.

Plus, she was a prosecutor all those years. She can do the law-and-order spiel.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I'd lay odds that flag was made in China.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What are the odds the fire was the fire was caused by drug manufacturing? 50/50 at least?

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

For 2020, Dems could always:
    --Call upon China to hack the election results in their favor
    --Declare, after winning, that the Chinese election hack was just a right-wing hoax
    --Have a big showy summit with Xi Jinping and Dem President says "Always nice to Xi you" winks and then says "don't hack our elections"
    --Rail against "Trump judges" to rile up the base whenever things don't go their way in the courts
    --Declare Mitch McConnell to be an enemy of the state
    --Lie/deny
    --Repeat for 2024

HanSenSE and Smallpotatoes like this.
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Jesse Fucking Kornbluth should spend the rest of eternity forced to read a cultural concierge site.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So Boston TV is running Tom Steyer for President ads aimed at New Hampshire. 1. That's expensive, but he's a billionaire. 2. The ad is hilariously bad. Production values and all are fine, but Steyer looks into the camera and in about his second sentence says, "the presidential candidates have great ideas." There's a "but" after and some word salad about the system, but I heard that and immediately thought, "well then, who needs you?"

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There are more than a few in Red States who have had to get their kids out of jail for various drug charges. There are plenty of R's who understand that the bail and fee trap that our current criminal justice system has become is a backbreaker for people who are not wealthy, white and black alike.

Would that have an effect on a significant percentage of that vote? Maybe as much at ten percent, a low number - which just might matter.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I just want Trump out of the office of President.

If you guys think either the geezers or Kamala Harris is the best road to making that happens, I'll support it. As Mr. Pitt said on Seinfeld, "I don't see it, Elaine!", but you guys seem to know what you are talking about.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trumpists gotta Trump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.