1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When's the Last Time You Were in an Actual Fight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by typefitter, Jul 2, 2019.

1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

He seems like a deeply unpleasant person, but like @Azrael said but more eloquently, hurt people hurt people. The Little Man Syndrome is strong in this one, but being five feet tall can't be easy. That's why I'm a little torn up about this one. I think here, violence was the easy and wrong answer.

There's a second video, after the tackle, and Mr. Morgan is fine. He didn't get punched or anything. The guy just seemed to take him down. That made me feel better.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I'm just thankful he didn't have a gun. This time. He seems like a textbook case of someone who'd go postal and take out a lot of people because he's felt oppressed or disenchanted his whole life. Why doesn't he try LittlePeopleMeet.com - The Little People Dating Network

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

At my university, the tallest guy in our school—I'd say he was six-foot-nine, something like that—went out with the shortest woman. She was an actual little person. Like, four feet tall. They would walk by—her hand nearly over her head so they could hold hands—and invariably someone would make circus music or whatever. I always wondered if they found comfort in each other in some weird way. Two people who experienced life at its physical extremes.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Was walking in downtown SF Main Street last year with wife and friends and older fellow goes down in street crosswalk as group of about 5 boys 14-16 walks by ; buddy helps guy up and my instinct is to confront kids but then 2019 reality kicks in and I let it pass. Do they have a gun? That’s what kept me back.

5. CD Boogie

They knocked the guy over? Or they just didn't help him up?

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Ha. This was true at my university, too. The tallest dude on the basketball team, 7'1", had a girlfriend at least two feet shorter, maybe more. It was quite the arresting sight to see them walking holding hands. She wasn't an actual little person, but she was still pretty short for a college girl.

7. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

I don't have the exact height difference, but Shawn Bradley and his wife could add to this discussion.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the old joke about the jungle club. The lion and the mouse are having a cocktail. In walks the giraffe. The mouse goes crazy. "Wow, super hot. I'm going for it." The lion nods in agreement. Soon, the mouse and the giraffe leave together. Next day, the lion is having a drink. In walks the mouse, looking worn out, trashed. The lions asked what happened. The mouse said, "Between kissing and fucking, I must have run 50 miles."

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wow. I'm simultaneously fascinated, mortified and "empathetified" by this man. It's like a case study of incels, a before-the-shooting video, and yet also a cry for help. Clearly, he's been tormented by his stature his whole life, most likely starting by his father. I'm thinking he could be a great case study by a Brene Brown or a Tony Robbins self-help type.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Sucker punch to gut

12. CD Boogie

jfc

Draft saved Draft deleted