1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Jan 23, 2019.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

And I want to date Halle Berry. I'm thinking chances are about equal

Hue Jackson wants another head coaching opportunity

“I mean, just because the situation in Cleveland [didn’t work out] doesn’t mean that you can’t coach. There’s a lot of great coaches who came before me that coached there and went on and did great things. Sometimes, the situation is different. I think if people dig in and really take the time to look at the overall situation there, maybe they would understand it more. At the same time, I understand what narrative gets put out there, that’s what people know. Hopefully, people will think back to the times when I’ve put myself in that position. I had to be doing something right. To go back and be a coordinator again or be a head coach, I do believe it’s in my future. I’ve just got to go work through the process and see where it goes.”

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He should go back to college - I'd imagine he'd be a good fit at a few places.

3. It's 100 degrees. Every day, hazy, hot and humid with a tropical rainstorm thrown in for good measure - it's like the Phillipines. The road slips, due to the rains this year, are unbelievable.
    I DESPISE heat. If it's over 80 degrees it's hot. Too hot for me.
    I like cold weather. And football.
    Summer sucks. There, I said it.
    Bring on kickoff!!!

4. He'd be a good fit at South Central Louisiana State University.

5. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

The South Central was a nice touch. I still LOLed.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This idea only works if rosters get expanded (you'd need two kickers for one thing) which by itself might get the union to go for it. Unions like more members.

9. heyabbott

Google Josh Norman and the running of the bulls. He may be a lot of things, but he’s very cool for having done this

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Sorry Jets fans, your team sucks so you don't get to see Brady.

11. heyabbott

Would you rest Brady against a team he’ll crush or would you rest him against a really good team? Rest him against a defense that might hit him often and hard. Would you really rest your right tackle in a game that your starting qb plays? No. You rest the line and QB at the same time. Each team will essentially roll over for 2 games

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It would make for some interesting strategy as to when a team sits who. If you clinch early do you wait to let key guys sit the last couple of weeks? Do you sit your QB early figuring those losses are easier to overcome?

Draft saved Draft deleted