1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Interesting. Maybe he doesn't think they're a real team. Or, better yet, he'll accidentally invite the Men's team.

Trump won't lose Florida if DeSantis has anything to say about it.

It's the Republican's way of saying, "Fuck you. We didn't want this. Here's a poll tax." Honestly, it's just more voter suppression. The GOP knows if former felons voted, that's more than a million votes up for grabs for the Democrats.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

If I'm being honest I also have to say I've seen great acts of kindness from these Trump supporters, in the last 24-30 months.
    At times it's humbled me.
    But I don't know what the heck they're watching.
    They're being fed Fox news because it's all they choose to eat. They will never avail themselves to the big picture.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

National politics seldom makes a super major impact on people's lives (the fight to save the ACA shows how differently people behave when they think it does). So it's not surprising many choose to perceive it as an engrossing melodrama in which emotional release is all that matters. That's Fox 24/7.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

If you just watch FNC, you live in a different world.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie, the future First Lady looks good there.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I am not dense.

I am saying the problem is larger than Trump - frankly beyond a man of his...ability...and it didn't get that way because of him. And when he's no longer there, it will still be bad, perhaps even worse, because the US could have hundreds of thousands of refugee claims on its hands without much of any way of processing them in any kind of timeframe...which will either lead to the same kind of humanitarian crisis, or something akin to open borders.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

More importantly, it is ridiculous that President Trump's defenders think it is valid to claim it is somehow okay because President Obama did something similar. He campaigned on changing things from the previous administration. He and the Republicans in Congress have made it their mission to undo as much of what was done during the Obama administration as possible. Even if they only continued exactly what was going on before he took office, that's no excuse at all.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What you are saying is that yet again, you will try to normalize just about anything done by conservatives.

Fred siegle likes this.
  11. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

This Vicky Ward thread is going to be bad news for Graydon Carter

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.