1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter | The Graham (TX) Leader

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MiamiBoy, Jun 30, 2019.

1. MiamiBoy

MiamiBoy Active Member

The Graham Leader has an immediate need for a hands-on, experienced, creative and energetic Sports Reporter. The right candidate will be one who understands how important it is to youth, their parents and the community that we enthusiastically cover the home teams in all local sports. In addition to establishing a good working relationship with area coaches and reporting on local games, the Sports Reporter must also coordinate and produce a few special sections a year. He or she must be a communicator and also must be a courteous team member who is ready to pitch in as a team player with other projects, when available. Knowledge of sports, ability to write and some knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop are all a plus. The full-time position features benefits, including health insurance and PTO. Hours depend upon events to be covered. Send resume, references and work samples to Timothy O’Malley at publisher@grahamleader. com

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Sports Reporter

2. MeanGreenATO

MeanGreenATO Well-Known Member

So, uh, I believe this is why there's an opening here:

Don't know a ton about Graham other than they have a 7-on-7 team. But pro tip to the person who takes this job: Don't creep on the girls in your coverage area.

3. Mwilliams685

Mwilliams685 Active Member

Graham is small-town country livin'. I don't imagine many people can do anything in Graham that the whole town doesn't find out about.

4. TexasVet

TexasVet Active Member

The Graham Steers usually have a very good 4A high school football team

5. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I keep scrolling down that thread and it just doesn't stop. He was harassing girls and women for years and somehow management never caught on.

6. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Dude, I have never seen anything like that before. The guy was relentless and used the same M.O. with every girl. Doubt any paper would ever hire him. If you do a search for Travis Martinez on Facebook, it autofills with Graham, Texas. The word is out.

7. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

This job has been filled.

Draft saved Draft deleted