1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 119th US Open Walking Championship Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, May 30, 2019.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"Hey Wang, I think this club is restricted, so whatever you do don't tell 'em you're Jewish. Okay? fine."

2. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

My brother’s neighborhood in Florida is turning its golf course into a lake. It closed about two years ago, and it doesn’t seem too out of place, as quickly as things grow there. You don’t realize you’re on an old course until you have to step around a fairway bunker.

garrow, 2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Don’t do it kid
    Ahh, that kid’ll eat anything

4. BitterYoungMatador2

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

If anyone saw the promos and couldn't tell it was complete crap, it's their own fault. Network summer filler at its worst. And my tolerance for Joe Tessitore only goes as far as MNF.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

I can't even tolerate Professional Italian Tessitore on MNF. The only good thing I saw about this show is we don't have to see Curry chewing on his mouth guard.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

P.J. O'Rourke, in his tremendously funny book "Holidays in Hell," wrote of the difference in tourists to America. In noting Japanese tourists, he mentioned that they seemed to enjoy taking pictures of not only attractions but roads, overpasses, office buildings, power lines, etc.
    He wrote: "What are they doing with all those photos? Maybe it's a question we should have asked before Pearl Harbor."

playthrough likes this.
  8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I can't see the phrase "Holey Moley" without thinking of the donut shop in "Next Friday"

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

With the PGA Tour back in Michigan it’s nice to see Buick Open-style scores

maumann likes this.
  11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That Lashley kid is a helluva story.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Kid probably isn't an apt descriptor, since he's in his mid-thirties I believe.

And yes, a fantastic story. My wife wouldn't spend a minute watching golf, but I told her his backstory and she and I spend the better part of three hours yesterday rooting him home.

Draft saved Draft deleted