1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Just so we're straight . . .

Would the attack have been a bad thing?

Or was the reversal a bad thing?

Getting tired of "heads I win, tails you lose" debates.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  2. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

How about the whole way it was handled, from the gin up of “Iran bad” to sending out the attack, to canceling the attack and letting the whole world know. The attack being a bad thing and canceling the attack being a bad thing are not mutually exclusive.
    How about next time we don’t start the attack because it’s a bad idea, and then we don’t have to worry about canceling it, and whether that is bad or good.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Last sentence...totally on brand

garrow likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Your lame comments seem to be getting more ridiculous by the day. Vlad should really up his game and find better bots. Of course you know full well that these two are not mutually exclusive. You also know that Trump would have been made aware of the potential casualties prior to ordering a strike so he either lied again or having the attention span of a slow 6 year old wasn't listening when told. Either of these is clearly possible. Killing 150 people over a drone would have been wrong but taking out some military equipment or such would have been fine. Being a total and literal ignoramus leads to what occurred...indecision, confusion and more proof that 'Murica is led by the worst poker player in the world.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

No one but the shitheads want him to. Lord knows I don't want that walking pusbucket to be one of my Senators.

Only thing good about a Moore win is that he is an utterly unreliable loose cannon who will give McConnell fits.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

A Justice Dept. attorney tries to argue that detained children don’t need soap,
    toothbrushes or beds to be "safe and sanitary" while in Border Patrol custody.

9. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I am clearly not an attorney and I do understand to some degree how/why our system is set up. That being said, how do you live with yourself arguing that kids being held for long periods of time don't deserve soap, toothpaste/brushes and somewhat decent sleeping conditions? My god I don't think I could look at myself in the mirror if I was that woman. Actually not real comfortable being an american at the moment. Fuck all of these disgusting pigs.

Fred siegle, Driftwood and Dyno like this.
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Once again: These conditions started in the Obama era. I don’t like them. I don’t agree with them. I think those things should be supplied. But this administration is dealing with a ruling that began in another era and has worsened because of the surge of those seeking asylum.

It is so much more complicated than a Now This video.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Mega church private school took a big drug bust a couple of years back. A number of students were caught buying, selling and using drugs, up to and including heroin. It made the papers, so there was a big stink The parents paying big money were *not* happy. Solution? Get your own police force. They're not governmental, so those pesky reporters and their FOIA request can go whistle.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Go on Snopes, Fact Check, Politifact or wherever. You're wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.