1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best movie cameo appearance

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Jun 19, 2019.

1. RARist

RARist Member

Marshall McLuhan in Annie Hall

"If life were only like this"

Liut, heyabbott and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm surprised nobody has turned Back To School into a Broadway musical. Nobody can out-Rodney Rodney, but the songs would almost write themselves.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  3. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I forgot about his scene until I watched the movie a few years ago. I about died laughing when the camera just starts to follow him around during his speech and Wayne breaks the fourth wall to get the camera back.

That made me think of Heston as the mechanic giving the love speech in the second movie.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Howard Cosell in "Bananas."

PCLoadLetter and heyabbott like this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, I like that scene as well, with Wayne kicking out the original actor to bring in Heston.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  6. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Kevin Bacon as the cab stealer in "Planes, Trains and Automobiles." I believe I've read he was visiting John Hughes in New York re: "She's Having a Baby," which is shown on TV in PTA.

7. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

Then there’s the classic turn by the recently departed Sylvia Miles as Joe Buck’s conquest in “Midnight Cowboy”. The scene of him expecting to get paid is just one of the many reasons that character won the Oscar. Voight was masterful in that flic and so was Hoffman.

Joe Williams and Liut like this.
  8. DanOregon

Another Nicholson - "Broadcast News"

Bill Rorich: This is a brutal layoff. And all because they couldn't program Wednesday nights.

Paul Moore: You can make it less brutal by knocking a million or so off your salary... Bad joke, I'm sorry.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is a great one and particularly memorable for me because of the way the rest of my night went the last time I watched that movie.

10. DanOregon

Considering his public image at the time - Kareem in Airplane "Tell your dad HE should try dragging Walton and Lanier up and down the court....." was a revelation.

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

"Now we'll talk all day if you want to. But, come sundown, there's gonna be two things true that ain't true now. One is that the United States Department of Justice is goin' to know what in the good Christ - e'scuse me, Angie - is goin' on around here. And the other's I'm gonna have somebody's ass in my briefcase."

Chef2 likes this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Bob Barker kicking Adam Sandler's ass in Happy Gilmore was pretty quality

CD Boogie likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted