1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indiana Beat Writer - Bloomington, Ind.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - IU sports reporter

Description:

Who you are: A sports reporter with Big 10 experience and all that brings with it. You’re not going to just be covering football and basketball (Indiana Hoosier basketball) but other IU sports as well. You are as comfortable on camera as you are on a podcast as you are behind a computer. You bring with you a love of Big 10 sports but the willingness to investigate. You should be able to write poetry about a dunk and you should be able to name the Vice President of the United States (i.e. be culturally literate). Who we are: The hard-charging Herald-Times and www.hoosiertimes.com, a collection of 10 newspapers in southern Indiana. We are THE source for Hoosier coverage and will continue to maintain that role. We are a fun place work and live, with benefits, paid vacation, blah, blah, blah. What are the downsides, you ask? Dude, seriously. We can’t believe you asked that question. Send your resume and clips to Executive Editor Rich Jackson at rjackson@heraldt.com.

2. mike_miller

mike_miller New Member

Hey folks, this is my old job. If you have any questions, I can do my best to assist. Send an email to mikemiller1287@gmail.com

3. MSUgrad

MSUgrad Member

Any news on this one? E-mailed Mr. Miller for additional context but was left hanging.

4. mike_miller

mike_miller New Member

I have been out of town, away from my computer. I will respond to any weekend emails by tonight.

5. MSUgrad

MSUgrad Member

The e-mail I sent was a week ago, not over the weekend. But no longer interested in context.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Way to napalm a bridge. I’d know, I’ve done it.

Liut, mike_miller and HanSenSE like this.
  8. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

I think this would be a great gig. Anybody know anything about the paper there? I'm not applying or anything, just curious about their situation.

9. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

Anyone hear anything yet about this one? If you don’t answer me by tomorrow I’m officially OUT

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Things I would wan to know before I took this job.

Has the Gatehouse closed on the purchase of this paper? Have they already made their staffing cuts?

11. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted