1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I was more interested in the tweet.

Dads statistically doing less housework AND childcare. Women, on the other hand, are the ones doing both paid and unpaid labor. Imagine having to lie just to say nice things about a large swath of fathers lol

Average hours per day parents spent caring for and helping household children as their main activity

8 facts about American dads

Douthat, a conservative, can never really bring himself to indict capitalism for the "one-income/two-income" trap, or for wealth inequality. Instead he settles for sexist tropes about women preferring to work part time.

If you look at expressed female desires in our society, there is both a substantial unmet maternal preference for part-time work over full-time work and a general desire for more children than American women are currently having.

Opinion | The One-Income Trap

And as is the case every Father's Day, there's the sudden annual rush to credit men with changing a diaper.

The Damage of Dad-Shaming

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

this is something

TigerVols likes this.
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'd also be interested to hear why Christians can't vote for a Democrat.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Vigorous jacking-off gestures

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

There’s a substantial unmet paternal preference for part-time work too. Nobody wants to work 40 (or more). They do it because that’s the requirement of their employer and because we celebrate people who put in long hours.

8. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

What is a “financial statement” anyway? Does a billionnaire not know there are more than one?

On another note, I found it odd that GS was standing over Trump in the interview, and not sitting down. Surprised Trump was OK with that.

HanSenSE and lakefront like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Dangerous.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Well, sure. It’s not like he knows how to hold a screwdriver.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I'm totally fine with being skeptical of the intelligence community. But Trump isn't doing so based on anything other than his intuition and the last strongman who flattered him. And when the IC pushes back or someone questions him, he says "WMDs" and thinks that justifies any crackpot opinion which he has.

12. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Sarcasm? It’s tool early on a Monday around here for me to figure out?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.