1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

For a players-only class, you could do:

20s LaVern Dilweg
    30s Francis Cope
    40s Pat Harder
    50s Joe Fortuanto
    60s Alex Karras
    70s Cliff Harris
    80s Lester Hayes
    90s Steve Atwater
    00s whichever one of Faneca, Hutchinson, James or Seymour doesn't get in on the regular ballot

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t be an offseason without a Cowboy suspended for pot. Rico Gathers breaks the seal this time.

Suspended for only one game though. Did King Roger I alter its drug policy quietly?

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

There's the Fubu shirt I was craving 20 years ago.

5. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

The right thing for the owners/management/coaches/teammates/union to do would have been to get him into some type of mandatory mental health treatment. Instead they looked the other way.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

How about, don’t jerk off in team meetings?

HanSenSE and Batman like this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't think it's completely unfair to suggest that the teams, the league, the other players or the union could have done more to help Winslow. Clearly, he needed it. That said, he's also clearly a bad guy and most of the blame has to be on him.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I figured it looked good until November then suddenly falls apart.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There was a time when the quality of the chair was great, but then a new guy bought the company and the chairs have been pretty average for about 20 years now.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Josh McCown retires. Julius Peppers having retired in February, McCown closes the book on the 2002 draft class. A 3rd round draft choice he lasted 16 years and suited up for 8 different teams. I guess there are varying ways to judge a career in the NFL: HOF, MVP, SB wins, All Pro. But playing in the NFL for 16 years and walking away without having suffered overly serious injuries is a raging success.

Batman likes this.
  12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Earning almost $50 million over the 16 years is a nice takeaway too.

Josh McCown Net Worth 2018 - Contract Details, Salaries, Bonuses, Salary Caps | HERO Sports

Draft saved Draft deleted