1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

You're the only one here worrying about charity, virtue and piety.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

they were my favorites back when i used to frequent the foxy lady piety always seemed disappointed in me but charity would lend an ear in the champagne room and virtue always set things right before the night was over

4. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

I don't think so. I think a lot of those who are upset about immigration are opposed to legal immigration in its current form and rate, as well as to illegal immigration. I don't think the people who are concerned about the racial/cultural implications of large-scale immigration are happy to see so many legally immigrated Indian or Nigerian doctors either. Republican senators (including Perdue, I think) introduced a year or so ago a bill to greatly limit legal immigration, maybe cutting it in half. Trump has talked about changing our current legal immigration system to put more priority on skills and less on family ties; I don't know whether the Senate bill addresses that.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm not worried. I'm noting it. And yes, I appear to be one of the few noting it.

I'm quite in favor of all three. But when it's deployed to show, I dunno, cultural or intellectual superiority, not as much.

But I concede that, sometimes, I can force the question.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

You're the Bletchley Park of virtue signaling.

lakefront likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

We’d already be at at least 400 million, if not more, if abortion had never been legalized, taking the anti-abortion assumption that none of the women would have had back-alley abortions as literal.

So the “there’s not enough room” point falls flat.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Who said there's not enough room? I didn't.

Apparently America needs population growth for its economy, and Americans aren't having enough babies. You're right that America's population would be higher without legal abortion.

I'm just forcing the question a little bit, is all.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Probably because it flies in the face of reason IMHO. Make another country more enticing? How exactly would you propose doing that? Like what concrete measures?

EDIT: Outsource some more of our factories to give them better jobs?

Our history of so-called nation-building -- and that seems like what you're proposing, essentially -- is not too hot.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Did you see my second post on this topic? I made some suggestions that are hardly nation building, just practical improvements that by the way a number of places in our own country could use.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Bill the Butcher, 1845. Those damn Irish will be the death of America!

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

He pleaded guilty. Traitor.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.