1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Young Frankenstein?

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Yodeling Ferrets?

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

And magical clean coal.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

beautiful

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Let's name a special counsel to investigate. Maybe they can come back with a report that we can read between the lines with.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The lawsuit challenges a test-scoring method the city adopted in 1979 in response to a lawsuit from a group representing black and female officers, who alleged discrimination in hiring and promotions.

San Francisco “bands” promotional test scores so that people who score within a certain range are treated the same, which means the department can consider other factors such as language skills and experience in awarding promotions. The latest lawsuit challenges that method.

I guess I don’t get the complaint unless the bands are ludicrously broad. A, B, C - those grades are “bands,” too. GPAs don’t differentiate between 99% As and 96% As. They’re both As.

If the top band 100-75% I get it. I doubt it is though.

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

For the record this isn't true. If the immigrants were all millionaires who lived in mansions when they got here, it'd also boost growth.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Immigrants don't go anywhere to lower their standard of living. They seek a better life and usually find it.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Open borders then? 400-450 million people in America? 500 million?

I like how a conversation about illegal immigration - which is what the conversation is almost always about - blooms into Elon Musk, as if the entire American immigration system is shut down and all the Musks, and all the doctors, are outside looking in.

I appreciate the complexity of the issue, though. It is multi-faceted and has arguments on both sides.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Why always the false choice between "open borders" and no immigration at all?

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Why do people always claim how wonderful "immigration" is while leaving out the "illegal" adjective?

The cardiac surgeon from India most certainly is not an illegal immigrant.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.