1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

How many times do we have to say this did not happen?

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

And, as part of that discussion, we might weigh what damages immigration has inflicted on the United States, considering that the current occupant of the White House is a third-generation immigrant (the grandson of an immigrant who was denied re-entry to his home country).

Still, I think that the history of the U.S. bringing in waves of immigrants who were trying to escape war, natural disaster, lack of opportunity or political oppression is well documented. I even believe that an argument could be made that migration was the basis for our country’s founding.

That has been the way in which our country worked and succeeded. A more appropriate question might be: What has changed?

matt_garth likes this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He’s a sodomite, in their words

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

A211088C-13BA-43DB-B75C-740486A9EB41.jpeg

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Refugee numbers have fluctuated over the years. I know at least of some the US's interest in receiving refugees in the 1980s and 1990s was related to winning the Cold War and then, after it was "won," receiving refugees from countries torn apart by Communism's collapse.

As for the Trump era massive decline? I think that's pretty obvious. He said he was going to address immigration, and he has. Whether I like how he's addressed it - and I don't really at all on the border, I'm closer to neutral on refugees - is somewhat immaterial. What changed? He became president. We have fewer refugees as a result.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's Trump, so ...
    [​IMG]

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I have yet to see how the current generation of immigrants is any different than the horde of Northern/Southern Europeans who came here in the 19th and 20th century. They left horrible conditions in their own countries and came to the US (for the most part) for economic opportunity.
    The difference is, many in this this new group of immigrants are brown or black. And that scares a lot of dim-witted people, just as Chinese/Japanese/ Filipino immigration did in earlier times when the borders were wide-open to just about everybody else.

Another interesting sidenote to the West Side Buffalo immigration: The crime rate is down appreciably, even though, of course, all these immigrants are thieves, rapists and murderers.

garrow and Inky_Wretch like this.
  8. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

When McConnell dies, the queue to piss on his grave will form behind me.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Almost makes me wish the Chinese deliver victory for Biden.

12. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Unconvicted felon admits previous crime, vows to commit same offense again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.