1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It'll be funny the first time Cody Rhodes gets an AEW title reign of any length and is suddenly said to be burying other wrestlers.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Not too get too political here, but while Trump loves the WWE, AEW looks like they have their own favorite politician.

Tommy_Dreamer likes this.
  3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I'm sure this will be an uneventful, warm and fuzzy podcast.

4. nietsroob17

Glad to see WWE pull out the stops to quell the AEW highs to open Raw. Yet another bait-and-switch ploy, and more of the nonsensical Dolph/Kofi feud.

And Brock is 100 feet away from a prone Kofi, and makes no attempt to cash in on him?

Also, first segment and we've already had three Smackdown "wild cards." Can't believe them living up to the four limit.

5. nietsroob17

Wow. Three full segments and 40 minutes or more before the bell even rings for the first time.

6. nietsroob17

Do they just not fuckin' care?!? There's been more video of Cody Rhodes on Raw than actual wrestling.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"I have a YEAR!?"

That was pretty funny. Brock Lesnar has shown more personality in the last hour -- and maybe been on screen more -- than during his entire last reign as Universal champion.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  8. nietsroob17

How can Renee even talk about this crap with a straight face, knowing what her better half is in the midst of.

And enough of the "just as good as or better than WrestleMania" BS. For what? The two legends 20 years past their prime? The 50-man battle royal featuring half the NXT barrel feeders?

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Let me put it this way: Until I clicked on this thread, I forgot Raw was on tonight.

10. nietsroob17

They can't even keep continuity from the start of the show. What happened to the elimination part?

Batman likes this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Every time they say that it feels like a bait and switch time share sales pitch.
    "You'll have access to a luxury condo that is as good or better than this 10,000 square foot mansion! And by that, we mean a 1,000 square foot, one-bedroom rental house with questionable air conditioning in a shady Florida neighborhood."

12. nietsroob17

Well, there you go. They've mentioned AEW on mic in WWE, and it was the biggest pop of the night.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted