1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Let me also add: Given RTExpress’ blatant pro-Russia stance, I couldn’t possibly give less of a fuck how he would prefer the government spends his tax dollars.

Fred siegle likes this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The sides won’t be determined by state borders. It will urban-rural.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The plurality of Americans are suburban. Just a fact, the fact that lost the Republicans the House last November. "Rural" as defined by the Census Bureau (a definition that can be argued about) isn't enough of the American population to fight with anybody and win. Always be outvoted. I've said this many times in the last three yeats, but it wasn't the disaffected rural white bigots who elected Trump, it was the suburbanies who voted Republican because that's what they always had done.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Total disgrace.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

AOC: The face of All-Elite Wrestling

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The response previous to this one - in which you responded to me - seemed to indicate that you thought a private union and public union strike is the same thing. But they are not.
    As I explained. Your explaining to me that a strike is an item in a union toolbox indicated to me you didn’t know what you were talking about, or more to the point, didn’t know what I was talking about.

This has become a habit, the accusations, the projections, the bot-like misapplications of my points. Good night and good luck.

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Was there ever a time when “I don’t see color”
    was seen as acceptance and understanding of racial dynamics? It feels like it’s been changed into something I doubt the speaker ever really intended, which was total dismissal of racism.
    Because, of course we color. So it was never meant literally. What I thought it once meant was “I don’t judge people or make assumptions about run by the color of their skin.”

But it means something sinister now. And maybe it always did. Maybe I was ignorant of that. It’s not something I recall saying, but it is something I recall hearing at times.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  8. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

The Memorial Day concert on PBS is excellent
    Helps that Trump’s in Japan

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Translation: You were losing so now you will run away.

A strike is an item in a union's toolbox. This is true of both public and private unions. That is a fact. I get that there are greater consequences to a strike of police officers or teachers than employees of some private companies, but that doesn't mean public employees don't deserve proper union representation. I didn't misapply anything you wrote. The only unfair comment was yours.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Those who preach against institutional marginalization of some parts of our society no longer accept that phrase as it was intended. That seems to be a relatively recent development. To some, it is no longer good enough to simply judge all people fairly,

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Noticed the other day where a Trumpist from Texas of all places blocked unanimous consent on disaster relief. These people never cease to amaze me.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's not about being worthy of pensions.

It's about whether the governments can afford them. They can't. My previous company could. So it did. Until it couldn't anymore. So mine was frozen at $XXX. My current company can't. So it doesn't (anymore).

If they could afford them, there would not be a "crisis."

Sales tax on your local ballot? California’s pension crisis may have nominated it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.