1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Use helicopters. They’ve done that at Camp David during LBJ’s days.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One of my son's best friends in high school is now a Major in Special Forces. He's West Point '07. He will begin his THIRD tour of duty in Afghanistan this fall. So I'd say Pence is making a safe prediction. It's the Forever War, never won, never admitted to be lost.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Considering the US has been "at war" with terrorism since the week after 9/11 and Congress hasn't even given a second thought about taking another look at the original declaration or modifying it - of course this is true. What struck me was the "this hemisphere" bit.
    Outside of Grenada and the CIA stuff in the 50s, US troops haven't been deployed to fight in this hemisphere since Pancho Villa (oddly enough, another terrorist who once was armed by the US).

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fuckboy is back on the Jussie dead horse.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

cyclingwriter2 and Twirling Time like this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I was wondering how USA Today arrived “Anaconda” as one of the movies Voight starred in so I googled Jon Voight movies. Sure enough, Anaconda comes up as one of the 3 display movies.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

It's a shame he didn't fatally OD before becoming a conservative.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Yup. Forgot about that.

From wikipedia: "
    Independent experts and observers have concluded that the US invasion of Panama also exceeded the authority of the president under the US Constitution because Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution grants the power to declare war solely to the Congress, not to the president.[63] [64] According to observers, the US invasion also violated the War Powers Resolution,[65] a federal law designed to limit presidential action without Congressional authorization, because the president failed to consult with Congress regarding the invasion of Panama prior to the invasion.[66][67][68]"

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

As for pence’s hemisphere comment, I’m floored that he admitted publicly the earth wasn’t flat.

Slacker likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump's an old man in cognitive decline, and he's still way smatter than Pence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.