1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Oh and this one is a good one, too.

That was a response to this post:

I don't care about basketball anymore. Among the many reasons: The Ball Family winds up in front row seats at Madison Square Garden and Loudmouth Dad slapshakes with Spike Lee. The NBA and its teams are celebrating this shit show by accommodating Loudmouth Dad.
    (I only know this because it made the 11 o'clock news last night when I was trying to find out fire information.)

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Oh wow, you found one. Good for you.

But I'm definitely going to root for the Warriors now. Good job.

3. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Who cares? If that plays into your* thinking, you don't deserve a vote. Reporters aren't there to carry players' water.

(* Not necessarily directed at you, @Elliott Friedman.)

Tweener likes this.
  5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

White nationalist! :mad:

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Lots of people find Lavar entertaining. He wouldn’t have the presence around the sport if he didn’t provide added value. He wouldn’t have those court side seats, talk on shows with national journalists and commentators. Some people are entertained by his dancing Negro persona, the house slave who think she’s part of the family. But they are laughing at him, and the Spike Lees of the world who bless him with their endorsement. Others are just so impressed by his fatherly presence, he’s a role model for so many who ever had a father. He’s a beacon for those who are becoming fathers but who have never had a father in their lives for generations.

Or, he’s a low rent Kardashian/Trump. A side show that somehow has become a cultural touchstone

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The entire team guarded him.

He was going one-on-three most about f the night.

The Bucks have to give him a drive and dish PG next year.

8. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

I mean, they also shouldn’t be there to swing $31 million in salary at all.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, the guy who was courtside for one game doesn't bother me.

The guy who is inexplicably given the run of the sidelines and is allowed to hassle the opposing players at every single game annoys me.

How the fuck is LaVar Ball comparable to Drake, anyway? The comparison makes no sense.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Spike has been given license to troll players for 30 years. Drake is just younger and moves quicker.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Drake by far is the most annoying thing about the NBA playoffs. There isn't even a number 2.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And Spike actually uses his seat. When was the last time you saw Spike run down the sideline to get in a player's face to point and laugh?

Draft saved Draft deleted